Orthodontics for Teens
Everyone deserves to have a confident smile. Orthodontic treatment is commonly started between the ages of 9 to 16 because most or all of the permanent teeth are present in the mouth. Starting orthodontic treatment during adolescence gives Dr. McInnis the advantage to shift the alignment of the permanent teeth, direct jaw growth, and correct bite relationships. Call one of our conveniently located offices to schedule a complimentary consultation.
Benefits from Adolescence Treatment:
- Teeth and gums are easier to keep clean, which prevents tooth decay & cavities.
- Teeth are less prone to wear, chipping, and tooth trauma
- Correction of malocclusion will improve proper chewing and digestion of food
- Straight teeth which can improve self-esteem
Things to look for:
Your adolescent would benefit from our complimentary consultation if you notice any of the following conditions:
- Premature or late loss of baby teeth
- Difficulty biting or chewing food
- Crossbite, underbite, overbite, or crossbite
- Teeth that are crowded, misplaced or blocked
- Teeth that come together abnormally or don’t touch at all
- Speech impediments
- Thumb sucking, nail biting or Tongue Thrust
- Oral damage from injury
Once you and your teen decide to pursue orthodontic treatment, you then have several treatment options to choose from to straighten your teeth.
Learn More About Our Orthodontic Services